Electronic Air Cleaners cleans your Minnesota home’s air of the small size pollutants and contaminants that irritate your eyes, lungs and sinuses. It helps reduce the effects of airborne pollutants by trapping particles as small as .01 microns and is much more effective than a furnace filter and even easier to maintain. Simply remove the unit’s cells, wash with a mild soap solution, rinse, dry, and replace back into the unit.
A electronic air filtration system can help your entire system operate more efficiently by reducing dirt and dust build-up on the system’s components. This means lower utility bills. By keeping your system clean, this air cleaner promotes the long-term reliability and peak performance of every component in your heating and cooling system season after season.
It also helps protect your home furnishings and helps maintain the efficiency of your home comfort system.
- The air in your home – prior to filtration is loaded with contaminants.
- Larger particles are removed – by the aluminum mesh pre-filter.
- The smaller particles – pass through the pre-filter to the ionizing section where they receive an electrical charge.
- These “charged” particles – are then attracted like magnets to rows of grounded plates. (They remain on the plates until they are washed away during cleaning.)
- The cleaned air – is channeled to your indoor coil or furnace where it is cooled or heated and then vented into your home.
Aprilaire Air Cleaners
There are many types of air cleaners on the market today but none are as effective and clean your entire house as well as an Aprilaire Air Cleaning system. Aprilaire’s Whole-Home Air Cleaners make your air as clean as possible by removing particulates from your air, allowing you to breathe healthier air—important to those with allergies and asthma and for those who want the cleanest air possible for themselves and their family. An Aprilaire Air Cleaner installed by your heating and cooling contractor, can help rid your home of dust, dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, bacteria and viruses, smoke and more!