When shopping for a major item like a new furnace it’s very important to use a Minneapolis Heating technician who is familiar with the product and able to perform warranty work should the need ever arise. Just like an automobile, if you buy a Chevrolet you have it serviced by a GM dealer. The following is a list of important questions to ask when you are shopping for a furnace.
- What type of furnace do I need?
- How many BTU’s?
- What efficiency should I have?
- Is the existing duct (supply and return) adequate?
- Should I have more supply air and what about basement return air?
- Does the venting need to be changed for the new furnace?
- Is the hot water tank venting the proper size and gauge?
- Are there advantages to a continuous low speed fan?
- Will my old thermostat work with a new furnace?
- How often should I change or clean the furnace filter?
- What can I do as a homeowner to keep my furnace running at the highest efficiency possible?
Upgrading or replacing the unit with a high-efficiency model will provide substantial savings. If you are thinking about retrofitting your Minneapolis home with a new high-efficiency furnace, you may want to speak to an energy efficiency advisor.