Saving energy is good for you and good for your country. The electric power company says these are a few ways to save on air conditioning this summer.
- Make sure the air flow to an outdoor air conditioner is not blocked by bushes or other obstructions.
- Keep the sun outside. Close drapes and blinds during the hottest part of the day.
- Check to see that windows and doors are closed when the air conditioning is running.
- Close closet doors in air-conditioned rooms. Close openings to the attic and other storage areas.
- Turn off the furnace pilot light.
- Clean or replace filters on air conditioning units.
- Do hot things during cooler morning and evening hours, including cooking, showering, drying clothes and ironing.
- Turn off unnecessary lights.